CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: First-timer needs a bit of help  (Read 5047 times)

packs

First-timer needs a bit of help
« on: March 02, 2017, 06:01:54 PM »
Hi all!  I just decided one day to write a crossword.  I've completed about 4 but all of them have issues.  The 15x I'm working on now, I'm trying to make it high quality.  I was struggling with a theme answer (15 letters) so i switched it out and the new answer makes everything fall into place.  I'm not sure the new answer is very good though so i decided to create an account here and ask this community of experts!  The answer is THEINLANDEMPIRE

Thoughts?  Is it usable?

Thanks!

fggoldston

Re: First-timer needs a bit of help
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 05:46:01 PM »
As long as it is 'real' and well enough known most editors would accept it.  When I google it, it has pretty good hits - and if you're selling it to a S California newspaper I would think that it would work even better.  One thing though, I have only sold a few puzzles, so my experience is rather limited.  I would suggest that you join the mailing list here and send your question out on the mailing list.  Everyone you've ever heard of in the world of US puzzledom is on that list and most are very helpful and quick to answer.  In here it might take a little longer to get a response.

dps

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 10:21:23 PM »
It's very well-known to me as a Californian, and I'd certainly allow it in the Orange County Register!  Not sure how famous it is outside of California, tho.

--David Steinberg

Glenn9999

• Common Solver, New Constructor
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 10:18:39 AM »
I would suggest that you join the mailing list here and send your question out on the mailing list. 

If it works, that is...

packs

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 10:27:22 AM »
Thanks all.  Good feedback.  I'll definitely jump on the mailing list.