CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Who accepts submissions now?  (Read 7671 times)

baleeba

Who accepts submissions now?
« on: December 29, 2016, 09:39:44 PM »
Hi all,  I have had puzzles accepted by several places.  But I am trying to get a good understanding of the universe of potential outlets for my puzzles.  Does anyone know what is happening with USAToday?  They don't appear to be accepting submissions any more.  What about the LA Times--they seem to be slower responding than even the NYTimes.  I am thinking maybe they are not accepting submissions any more.  Has anyone submitted to Buzzfeed--they seem to have a totally different sensibility from any other outlet I have seen.  Where else can you submit besides these outlets: NYT, WSJ, Chronicle of Higher Ed, Crossword Club, LA Times, Simon and Schuster, Games, Newsday, Orange County Register, Buzzfeed.  Too bad my local paper, the Seattle Times, just reprints the NYTimes puzzle one week late!  Lee
Lee T

fggoldston

Re: Who accepts submissions now?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 11:06:43 AM »
Where did you find submissions guidelines for USA Today?  Also does Buzzfeed have a crossword puzzle?  I am not that familiar with their site but when I checked it out I don't see a crossword puzzle.  Are you referring to other kinds of puzzles?
Thanks

Glenn9999

• Common Solver, New Constructor
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 10:10:42 AM »
Buzzfeed Puzzles.  Caleb Madison is the editor over there.  Edit: Though it looks like they quit doing it.  Anyhow click his name for all the puzzles they've run over there that are still on the site.

fggoldston

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 11:46:02 PM »
Thank you.  I found them.  Do you know anything about the USA Today puzzles?  I note that Fred Piscop is editing them now and I've seen some familiar names on the odd puzzle here and there but I don't see anywhere for information on submissions.

Glenn9999

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 10:50:35 AM »
Do you know anything about the USA Today puzzles?  I note that Fred Piscop is editing them now and I've seen some familiar names on the odd puzzle here and there but I don't see anywhere for information on submissions.

Interesting question as I have not either and would like to know, if I ever figure out how to get a puzzle going.  I found an e-mail connected to the "puzzles" realm of Universal Uclick that I asked the question to, and hopefully they will be able/willing to provide a good solid answer.

Glenn9999

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 03:19:37 PM »
Interesting question as I have not either and would like to know, if I ever figure out how to get a puzzle going.  I found an e-mail connected to the "puzzles" realm of Universal Uclick that I asked the question to, and hopefully they will be able/willing to provide a good solid answer.

And I got an answer off of the e-mail.  Their puzzles are done by assignment of the editor only.  So, no submissions there.

fggoldston

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 07:24:40 PM »
Thank you for passing that along.