CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: LAT Thu., 5/17 Steve Salitan  (Read 3518 times)

magus

LAT Thu., 5/17 Steve Salitan
« on: May 17, 2012, 08:41:29 AM »
Possible Title: What’s On?

Good Ones:
End of a court game   ALAI [this kind of clue usually gets a question mark though I like it this way]
Key component   EBONY
Theme: TV show titles the last word of which can join with “ROOM” making a new phrase: GAME, FAMILY, PUBLIC, SHOW
Den, often, {and theme}   TVROOM

Who knew?:
Pop songs from the ‘30’s to the ‘70’s is an area of interest of mine, so I knew the title of the song was spelled “Loco-Motion” and that Little Eva, a one-hit wonder, was the singer.  But I didn’t know her last name was BOYD.  Come clean, Steve; did you know that?

Some Nits to Pick:
Lancelot’s unrequited lover   ELAINE  [the love is unrequited, not the lover]

Unlike TVROOM, for example, IRESIGN and OLDENEMY and DASHTO are rather random combinations.  “I Quit” is a common phrase and grist for Xwords.  Use of one these random combinations in a puzzle may annoy most purists; three in a puzzle is, as you read this, likely causing our more conservative brethren apoplexy.

RATING:   ;D ;D Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun