CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: seeking help in ny/nj  (Read 5715 times)

eavigitler

seeking help in ny/nj
« on: August 04, 2011, 11:01:27 AM »
hi cruciverb,
avi here. been constructing puzzles for about a year and a half now. have written 4 puzzles, 3 already rejected by the NYT, and one somewhere b/w my mailbox and will's desk. i have received good feedback from will, though i am yet to excite him (i suppose the lack of a garter belt has hurt) so i think it is just a matter of time before i am eventually published (please lord please).
i had a few hardcore solvers look at my puzzles, and the feedback has been most positive.
so, this is where y'all come in. i would like to continue to create puzzles, but once my 4th rejection comes in,  i will have lost most of my momentum.
i recently bought wordweb/crossword compiler to help me, but i honestly do not know how to use it to its full potential.
so, i am wondering if there is anyone in NYC or northern new jersey who could help show me how to use the program properly. if you are a published constructor, i would also be most grateful for any feedback on already constructed puzzles and new theme ideas.
folks - help me. i need to see my name in nyt print before the paper closes.
thanks in advance!
-avi
eavigitler@gmail.com
201-887-4764