CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Where to share theme entries?  (Read 9326 times)

jakebunch

Where to share theme entries?
« on: May 05, 2023, 11:24:25 AM »
As a new-ish constructor, I’d like to get critique on a Sunday theme entry set before I start on filling out the puzzle, so I’m just wondering where I should post something like that.

As a side note, although this seems like a great community, I am a bit worried about plagiarism. But I don’t know if I’m being too cynical/paranoid (maybe a little egotistical too, haha)

mmcbs

Re: Where to share theme entries?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 12:16:41 PM »
It is not a good idea to post theme answers on the various forums/groups. No need to feel guilty about being suspicious.

Is this intended for submission to New York Times? If so, I'd be glad to take a look at your theme and give you some feedback. My email address is mcclain.salem@gmail.com.

If it is not for NYT, then you should send a theme query to the editor of your target publication. This involves just sending the title, theme entries and theme clues. Every publication except NYT welcome these queries.
Mark McClain
Salem, Virginia, USA
https://crosswordsbymark.wordpress.com/

jopela

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 09:34:25 PM »
It is not a good idea to post theme answers on the various forums/groups. No need to feel guilty about being suspicious.
Is this intended for submission to New York Times? If so, I'd be glad to take a look at your theme and give you some feedback. My email address is mcclain.salem@gmail.com.

If it is not for NYT, then you should send a theme query to the editor of your target publication. This involves just sending the title, theme entries and theme clues. Every publication except NYT welcome these queries.
I sent a question to the editor of the target publication, but got no response.

ZodiacScorpio

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2023, 07:40:42 AM »

Is this intended for submission to where to buy phenq New York Times? If so, I'd be glad to take a look at your theme and give you some feedback. My email address is mcclain.salem@gmail.com.

I sent a question to the editor of the target publication, but got no response.
Ok, thanks for sending the question.
Hope you got the response soon!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 06:42:21 AM by ZodiacScorpio »