CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Any Publishers I Can Submit CrossFire-created puzzles to?  (Read 7329 times)

DarlaFanbridge

Any Publishers I Can Submit CrossFire-created puzzles to?
« on: October 29, 2019, 09:29:15 AM »
Hi, new user here.

I purchased CrossFire in August, and it's a very versatile software.  I would like to ask, are there any publishers whom I can submit CrossFire-created puzzles to, assuming they pay the creator of the puzzle?

Mods, because this is my first post here, if I posted this thread in the wrong forum, please move it to the rightful forum and accept my apologies.  Thanks.  :)

- Jonathan
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 09:32:16 AM by DarlaFanbridge »
- Jonathan

mmcbs

Re: Any Publishers I Can Submit CrossFire-created puzzles to?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 11:53:02 AM »
I don't use Crossfire, but I know that it is capable of creating a file in the .PUZ format (AcrossLite) which is acceptable to all crossword publishers who accept electronic submissions. Not sure exactly how you do that, but it's probably an export command 0 if not, the help module should lead you to the proper method.

I don't think any of them accept files in the Crossfire format.
Mark McClain
Salem, Virginia, USA
https://crosswordsbymark.wordpress.com/

DarlaFanbridge

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 12:46:34 PM »
There is, however, a way I can work around it, even though I will not be able to submit CrossFire files (which I definitely do know they are not saved in .puz format).

I can create the puzzle in CrossFire for myself, and then copy the contents of my CrossFire puzzle into a text file using a format I discovered on another thread, and then import that text file into AcrossLite.  At least I am using a software that I paid for, even if it is not a rough draft.

I think the payment is based on research, referencing, and other work involved, not just creating the crossword itself.
- Jonathan

stephenbishop

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 02:13:20 PM »
In Crossfire, under 'File', Select 'Export As', there are multiple export types including PUZ. I read someone else saying they liked exporting to PUZ and then opening the puzzle in Acrosslite to print out for submission.