CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Submission opportunities besides LAT and NYT  (Read 4275 times)

Saul Pink

Submission opportunities besides LAT and NYT
« on: April 02, 2019, 10:02:37 PM »
I’m looking for places to submit besides the LA Times and The New York Times. For example, if I get rejected by both LAT and NYT, what are other places I could submit?

Glenn9999

• Common Solver, New Constructor
Re: Submission opportunities besides LAT and NYT
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 03:20:13 AM »
I’m looking for places to submit besides the LA Times and The New York Times. For example, if I get rejected by both LAT and NYT, what are other places I could submit?

There's many that will take submissions and many that won't.  The best suggestion I can think of is to point you to my crossword listing page (https://glenncrossblog.wordpress.com/crossword-plaza/), and then let you research methods to submit from the links there (or here maybe?  But I know a lot of the stuff on this site is out of date, too).  Off the top of my head for ones I know take submissions, you can try the Wall Street Journal, Newsday (Wed-Fri/Sun), Universal, and Chronicle of Higher Education.

damefox

Re: Submission opportunities besides LAT and NYT
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 09:05:33 PM »
I'm late to this discussion, but here's another blog post I stumbled across recently that provides a pretty extensive list, including payment info: https://blog.crosswordhobbyist.com/list-of-places-to-submit-professional-crossword-puzzles/. Note though this is from Oct 2017, so some of these guidelines/payments may have changed (e.g., NYT).