CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: LA Times?  (Read 14569 times)

GinnyB

LA Times?
« on: March 11, 2019, 11:59:54 AM »
Is there any news about why the LA Times puzzles are no longer available?

Lwarshaw

Re: LA Times?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 08:54:39 AM »
Periodically the LA Times puzzles are not available for a a few days, but I think this may be one of the longest stretches without a puzzle (so far 11 days).  I hope it comes back soon!

fluff

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 08:58:37 AM »
I agree! Really missing it in across-lite format.

Glenn9999

• Common Solver, New Constructor
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 01:46:07 PM »
Outages happen frequently enough that we've taken to posting text that's consumable by Across Lite.  Check this thread.

fluff

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 11:35:14 AM »
Wow! That seems like a lot of work for you. Thank you for doing this. Hope you won’t have to for much longer.

RonaldHarris

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 08:46:11 AM »
hat appears to be a ton of work for you. Much thanks to you for doing this. Expectation you won't need to for any longer.

gonskimb

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 06:10:01 AM »
I’ve been taking screenshots from the Washington Post and printing them up to solve, but hope the Across Lite version comes back soon!

Glenn9999

• Common Solver, New Constructor
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 01:52:59 PM »
I’ve been taking screenshots from the Washington Post and printing them up to solve, but hope the Across Lite version comes back soon!

There's a version the Washington Post puts up online, which has a print function.  Otherwise, feel free to check the thread posted up above for Across Lite versions.

gonskimb

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 09:21:57 PM »
 :) Thank you, I should have thought of that.

There's a version the Washington Post puts up online, which has a print function.  Otherwise, feel free to check the thread posted up above for Across Lite versions.

gonskimb

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2019, 07:32:01 AM »
Also got your text file to work in Across Lite - you are a magician!  Thanks again for the helpful options. 
:) Thank you, I should have thought of that.

fluff

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2019, 08:30:12 AM »
What a pleasure to have the across lite downloads working again! And thanks again to all who helped fill in the gaps.