CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Titles and Instructions in Across Lite or Compiler  (Read 3743 times)

rdarcy

Titles and Instructions in Across Lite or Compiler
« on: December 29, 2018, 12:09:32 AM »
So this is a newbie question, but how do you get Titles and Instructions to show up on PDF exports from Compiler?

Also, when you send a puzzle to the NYT, do they want you to send a title? As for including Instructions, any formatting suggestions would be great, as I've sort of been winging it the few times I've actually had any.

Bob

rdarcy

Re: Titles and Instructions in Across Lite or Compiler
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 12:11:21 AM »
I guess I should have posted this in the Software forum...

Glenn9999

• Common Solver, New Constructor
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 02:29:05 AM »
So this is a newbie question, but how do you get Titles and Instructions to show up on PDF exports from Compiler?

I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about.  You can specify a title pretty readily in Across Lite Text as well as "notepad" data, but I can't say exactly how to do with Crossword Compiler.  But it about would have to be pretty easy.

Also, when you send a puzzle to the NYT, do they want you to send a title? As for including Instructions, any formatting suggestions would be great, as I've sort of been winging it the few times I've actually had any.

As far as "including instructions", I can't say I know what you're talking about.  As for titles in the NYT, they only accept those in Sunday submissions (the 21x21 grids).  The rest are untitled.

mmcbs

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 07:37:46 AM »
When you're exporting to PDF, I believe you can put instructions or notes in the HEADER and select that to include in the export.
Mark McClain
Salem, Virginia, USA
https://crosswordsbymark.wordpress.com/

rdarcy

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 01:46:01 AM »
Ok--thanks to both of you!