CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: LAT download not working  (Read 23884 times)

Valnavia

Re: LAT download not working
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 03:58:28 PM »
Still unable to dl the LAT puzzle this week.  Thx.

jamegood

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 10:25:14 AM »
I am logged into Cruciverb.com but still cannot get the LA Times to download.  It says my username in the top left corner ("Hello jamegood") and there is a "Logout" button below that, so I think I'm genuinely logged in.  Any ideas will be welcome. 
Thanks
jamegood@uic.edu

coralsun

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2014, 09:12:35 PM »
jamegood, If you're accessing it through the Crosswords app it won't work.  You have to leave the app, go to the Safari (or other) browser, then open cruciverb.com, then sign in and tap on it and download.  That's working for me, once I figured it out.  I hope this helps.

puzzleanywhere

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2014, 07:29:25 AM »
Hi, this is Ben from Stand Alone. Just wanted to let anyone who was unclear as to how we're doing things know, we're not circumventing anything in the app. To download from Cruciverb in Crosswords, you need to log into the site using a standard web page, and navigate to the puzzle you're looking for. It's nearly identical to the experience in Mac OS or Windows.

Thanks!

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2014, 06:33:30 PM »
This is not my decision. The LA Times were kind enough to offer the puzzle, but made it clear that it was for visitors to the cruciverb.com website only. No phone or tablet apps. Sorry.

SteveJ

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2014, 11:23:02 AM »
I'm noticing the same problem others are having. When I am logged in and click the LA Times download link on the homepage, the homepage simply reloads and nothing downloads.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2014, 04:11:08 PM »
What browser and version are you using? Hundreds of members are successfully downloading everyday, so not sure what the problem might be. If all else fails, go to the LAT archive and you can have the puzzle emailed to you.

SEMINOLE SAM

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2014, 10:44:45 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

AIN'T WOIKIN TO DAY EITHER

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2014, 06:25:22 PM »
Worked for me, and for a few hundred other people.

SteveJ

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2014, 11:49:39 AM »
What browser and version are you using? Hundreds of members are successfully downloading everyday, so not sure what the problem might be. If all else fails, go to the LAT archive and you can have the puzzle emailed to you.

I'm on Chrome/Mac.

The puzzle did successfully download for me today, so it's possible that with Chrome's frequent auto-updates, there was a period where something wasn't compatible. Hopefully whatever the issue was won't reappear.

SteveJ

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2014, 01:04:21 PM »
I think I figured out the issue. If I follow the link from Crossword Fiend's list of daily puzzles, something breaks with the site here (not just the download link; several images fail to load, etc.). If I come directly to Cruciverb, then there are no problems. I'm guessing there's an issue with how the incoming URL is formed, rather than any problem with the Cruciverb site.