CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Post a puzzle  (Read 5959 times)

Hoover

Post a puzzle
« on: October 31, 2010, 01:29:34 PM »
Does anyone know if posting a puzzle in the "Post a puzzle" area on this site would eliminate it from being accepted by an editor because it had already appeared on this site?

admin

• Administrator
Re: Post a puzzle
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 11:32:02 PM »
The question was raised regarding puzzles shared on the cruciverb-l mailing list a few years ago. Will Shortz advised me that it was OK since it was a somewhat small membership. Here on the forums you have to be registered to get the puzzles, so maybe the same applies. And it really isn't publishing is it? You're getting feedback, and the puzzle will likely change based on the feedback. You'd have to go the editors to be 100% sure, but my gut feeling is that posting puzzles here for critiquing purposes would not cause them to be unacceptable for "real" publication.

- Kevin

Hoover

Re: Post a puzzle
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 01:04:21 AM »
Thank you for the reply Kevin.  The puzzle I had in mind for posting I have already sent a copy of to Mr. Shortz on Saturday, but I'd be glad to revise it if he wants me to.  I think I finally came up with a theme that may make the cut, but am still anxious to get some feedback from some who have been published by him already.  I think the theme is excellent, the fill isn't the most exciting, but pretty darn clean.  I tried to make up for that with some creative cluing though.  Thanks again! :-)