CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: The Sun Puzzle  (Read 57949 times)

admin

• Administrator
Re: The Sun Puzzle
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 03:04:13 PM »
Kevin, apparently you missed my later addendum:

Later: Yikes! I tried to open the Sun puzzle I download to my hard drive through Across Lite and AVG popped up saying that the file contained a threat, specifically a "backdoor" Trojan. What the hey is going on?

Maybe AVG doesn't like it when a download is initiated by a script (rather than just clicking on a straight link). Nothing wrong with the file, so ignore.

- Kevin

Papa John

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 03:16:26 PM »
I have to bow to your advanced expertise in these matters but you should know that AVG "healed" the file and then Across Lite was able to attempt to open the file, albeit it didn't because the file was (still) not a recognized format.

Thanks for your attention and your hard work in trying to get all this straightened out. I have full confidence that it will all come together, in time. Meanwhile, I'll get the Sun via email, as per your instructions.

BTW, do one of those cryptic (to me) symbols above this text box activate a spell checker? Is oen availablle onthis site?

zullym

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 01:29:21 AM »
Had to use the e-mail function again tonight (or this morning) because saving it to disk does not allow it to open so far.

And for Karenusr, this week's puzzles are all available and thank you to whoever or whatever program takes care of doing that.

KenMarks

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 12:40:38 PM »
Downloaded AcrossLite to desktop but can't download puzzles to hard drive. Can't open e-mails.

Nancy Salomon

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 05:04:58 PM »
Is there someplace on this site that shows our membership status re the Sun puzzles?  I subscribed and can download the Sun puzzles.  Does that tell me everything I'm supposed to need to know?

Nancy Salomon

deneb

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 07:17:50 PM »
I can't find any way other than PayPal to subscribe to the Sun puzzles, though this site says I can subscribe by credit card.  How do I do this?

Papa John

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2008, 07:52:07 PM »
If I did it the right way, here's how -- just keep clicking on the Pay Pal pages. You'll be able to enter your credit card number and then, eventually, it's the credit card that gets billed but, apparently, Pay Pal handles the transaction. Not sure if this makes sense, but I think it will once you go back and try to subscribe, again.

deneb

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2008, 12:26:22 AM »
Thanks, Papa John.
That seems to have worked.
Denny

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2008, 09:45:01 AM »
Is there someplace on this site that shows our membership status re the Sun puzzles?  I subscribed and can download the Sun puzzles.  Does that tell me everything I'm supposed to need to know?

Nancy Salomon

Hi Nancy,

The status is the same for all subscribers. That is, they are subscribed until Feb. 27th, 2009. If we get enough subscribers Peter may be able to keep things going and do another 6-month run (or maybe longer, we haven;t really talked about it). At that point he would need people to renew.

Best,
Kevin