CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: CC Wordlists  (Read 5178 times)

seahedges

CC Wordlists
« on: October 28, 2021, 11:41:30 AM »
Ahoy Cru !
Newly acquainted with  Crossword Compiler I do not find in the instructions how to add lists of new words to the dictionary. I'd be very appreciative if someone would explain how to carry out this essential operation. The words on my lists are not ranked. Will that pose a problem if other lists in the dictionary are ranked ? Is there a default ranking ?
-sea
-SEA

mmcbs

Re: CC Wordlists
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 11:50:19 AM »
Compiler's help module covers most of this in detail, but briefly: Word List Manager / click NEW, name your new list, the you can add to that list from a text file. When you create or add words and lists you can specify the value of the words, and you can adjust the scores of words en masse by selecting the word list then select Word List / Change scores.

As with all software it's a good idea to read the help module and also click on all the menus and submenus to see what they do. Compiler is an extremely feature-rich program, and there's a lot to learn.
Mark McClain
Salem, Virginia, USA
https://crosswordsbymark.wordpress.com/