CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Greetings...PuzzleMagic Online  (Read 12782 times)

puzzlemagic

Greetings...PuzzleMagic Online
« on: August 26, 2012, 03:28:41 PM »
Hey Cruciverb! I'm new to you. My name is David Mivshek, and I hope we get along.  :)

I've been solving crossword puzzles, and other word games throughout my life, but have recently taken the leap into constructing my own crossword puzzles. My first attempt was a success—or so I thought—until it was shot down by the standard grid construction rule that states each letter must have a horizontal and vertical letter-connection. Oh, how I wish I never saw that pesky rule that one day about two months ago.  :'(

The chance at a $1000.00 payoff by the New York Times for a Sunday puzzle dried up my tears real quick though! Yep! A Sunday puzzle was my first attempt. High hopes? Maybe...okay, yes, yes it was. To bring myself down to Earth, I sent in three 15x15 puzzles for kaching! a total of $600.00! I'm still waiting for Will Shortz to come around and realize the brilliance of those puzzles. Paula Gamache said in an email to me: "Will says thanks, but must send regrets on the following, as neither theme excited him quite enough," but I'm thoroughly convinced that she belongs to an anti-me organization and has Will chained up in her basement. I know Will...I'll come save you so you can publish my puzzles.  ;D

Anyhow, I'm glad to have found you Cruciverb. I've scanned your forum for posting rules, but haven't see any yet. I hope posting a link to my blog isn't in poor taste? I'm really trying to get better at constructing puzzles, so stop by my blog and play them as each one is posted. And, oh yah, comment on the pros and cons so I can provide you with better puzzles...

http://puzzlemagic.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 03:31:25 PM by puzzlemagic »

SJS

Re: Greetings...PuzzleMagic Online
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 06:01:58 PM »
Welcome.  I've gotten that letter from Paula also.