CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Renewed Gold Membership, no access to database  (Read 113 times)

rgh

Renewed Gold Membership, no access to database
« on: June 03, 2019, 09:21:08 AM »
Hi Admin,

I renewed my Gold Membership on May 30th, but I am still not able to access the database. The expiry date of May 31, 2019 hasn’t been updated to June x, 2020. Thanks.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 09:59:43 AM by rgh »

BobFrank

Re: Renewed Gold Membership, no access to database
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 07:11:13 PM »
Hi RGH. . .
     Please let me know if you hear back from Kevin. On May 14th I paid for a new Gold membership, and it was posted to my credit card the following day. Altho I emailed him on May 20th from my Hotmail address (WordXing@Hotmail.com)to ask him how long it'd take to get admitted, I did not hear back from him nor do I have access to the databases at Cruciverb.com yet.
     Kevin may classify me as a "Newbie" once I'm granted admission to the Gold club, but I was a writer for about 10 years - from 1995 until 2005 - and have 101 crosswords under-my-belt from that period, primarily with Newsday, but also with the Washington Post, the Crosswords Club, Simon & Schuster, and the NYT (with partnering & mentorship from Nancy Salomon on all but one of those NYTers) among a few others.  I was a Gold Member of Cruciverb.com for - I think - at least the 5 years between 2000 and 2005.
     I am a "crosswords dropout." I got to that 101 mark and thought that I have a very nice scrapbook containing the work and publications and decided to take a leave of absence for awhile. Awhile turned into 14 years! In that I am retired fully and in that I moved from NY to California a few years ago I'm giving thought to getting back into authoring crosswords once again. I never lost my love of OREOS and milk, tho!  ;D
     Please let me know that Kevin is alive and well.  I know for sure that - after 14 years away - _I_ am. And it is refreshing to see that quite a few of the old names - Kelly Clark, Rich Silvestri, and many others "from back in the day" are still active and being published!
     Yours in gridwork. . .
        . . .Bob Frank
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 07:12:57 PM by BobFrank »
CandidBob