Forum > General Discussion

Need help with title

<< < (2/2)

FrankyG:
"Aaarrrrgh!" could mean many things, such as "Aaarrrrgh! I stepped on a dead lizard my cat dragged in" or "Aaarrrrgh! I can't think of a title", etc

andrewmc:

--- Quote from: cranberry44 on June 22, 2019, 09:56:55 AM ---I'm almost finished with a 21 X 21 puzzle lax crossword answers. The subject is "pirates." I'm trying to find a title that doesn't give away the subject right away.
I thought of "Skulduggery"  or "Salmagundi"; but these titles are too closely allied with pirates. The major pirate-related entries can be taken two ways; so I thought maybe I should avoid the pirate-related title altogether and maybe could use "Double Dealers" or "One Thing or Another." I'm not too happy with the later either; because there's no hint whatsoever of the pirate theme. Maybe I'm asking for the impossible--a subtle reference to pirates in the title. Any ideas?

--- End quote ---

I would recommend you "Somalia"; The country Somalia (Africa) is notoriously known for modern pirates and would make perfect sense to your title. Not sure whether you have already published your puzzle but just adding my 2 cents :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version