CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: What was wrong?  (Read 10631 times)

GCMeade

What was wrong?
« on: February 20, 2010, 01:10:26 PM »
I could not get a rise out of cruciverb.com for the last three days.  Just broken link messages and timeouts.  I missed a lot of puzzles.  This is the second time in  two weeks this has happened.  I cannot find any mention of this problem anywhere.  Am I going crazy?

goteesmith

Re: What was wrong?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 01:11:58 PM »
Same here.  You are not crazy.

I'm glad it is back on-line now. 

jorkel

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 04:36:31 PM »
For those of you who don't subscribe to the Cruciverb mail list and may not be getting official word, Kevin McCann noted that his internet provider accidentally took the website away for a few days.  So, the root cause was different from the other outages experienced recently -- which were hacker induced.

GCMeade

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 11:54:46 AM »
Would that be the. . .

"Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email"

option?  I have that checked.  Is there some other email option that I need to check to get notifications such as this?  No other description seems to fill the bill.

Valnavia

Welcome Back, Cruciverb!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 01:54:00 PM »
I missed you so.  This encourages me to donate - gotta fight those hackers.   =)

Doorbell

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 11:03:56 AM »
@GCMeade, no, Joe's referring to a specific mailing list.  You can find out more information, including how to join, by clicking on the link CRUCIVERB-L on the left hand side of the screen, in the panel headed Navigate.