CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Lead Time  (Read 8333 times)

JLU

Lead Time
« on: December 05, 2011, 08:20:18 AM »
Does anyone know the appox. amount of time between acceptance and actual publicication of a puzzle (LAT)?

Thanks

SJS

Re: Lead Time
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 02:33:11 PM »
I think it varies substantially by day of week.  I have limited experience, but with 2 accepted puzzles there the turnaround was fast (~ 1 month from acceptance to publication).

*plug* look for my next puzzle on 12/20!

SJS

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 02:36:58 PM »
^^^
I should have mentioned - both were Tuesday puzzles.

JLU

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 03:02:56 PM »
Thanks!  I received my first acceptance yesterday, but there was no mention about publication.  I believe mine is a Monday puzzle.  Should I expect NOT to hear from them anymore regarding this submission?

Congrats!

SJS

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 10:12:29 AM »
I sent this to you by PM, but for everybody's info:

I don't recall how long until you find that out, but in a couple of weeks probably you'll get an email from Rich Norris with the date of publication for your crossword.  He'll let you know in plenty of time.

Congrats on the sale!

Todd G

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 06:54:18 PM »
Not always in plenty of time: my latest (2nd) LAT puzzle was published on 1 Nov, Rich sent me an e-mail telling me this on 31 Oct.  So it depends on when in the month your puzzle is published.

And congratulations on your LAT puzzle!

JLU

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 12:59:30 PM »
Thanks!  I'm very excited.  I submitted my puzzle on Oct 15, it was approved Dec 7.  This seems longer than the usual leadtime for acceptance.  I have many more in the pipeline and am on pins and needles!

How long has it been taking for acceptance/rejection?

BradleyRobbins

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 11:47:41 PM »
I can't answer your question, but wanted to say congrats on the acceptance.  I just submitted my first puzzle (also to LAT).  I figured it was only fair to submit to them since my local paper, where I do most of my solving, carries their puzzle.  I have probably solved more LAT puzzles than any other.

JLU

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 10:02:17 AM »
Thanks Bradley.  I just learned that there are two separate spec sheets for LAT at this site.  I had been using the older one.  The current one shows a lead time of 3-8 weeks for a response.  The waiting is a killer!