CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Similar entries  (Read 6775 times)

ktd

Similar entries
« on: September 27, 2011, 11:26:36 PM »
Hi all,

While working on filling a grid I realized I had put in the following two entries (not part of the theme) in separate areas:
SUBURBANITE
URBAN LIT

Are these two entries too similar to be acceptable? I am wary about trying to change either entry, especially URBAN LIT since I had to complete __B__L__ (the B and L are from theme entries) and it's in a difficult area.

Thanks,
ktd

VB

Re: Similar entries
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 08:43:07 AM »
I wouldn't like the two URBANs if I were solving. Would I throw the puzzle away? No, but  I would have to like everything else a lot to make up for it.  I would definitely try to rework the puzzle without one of them. Just my two cents.

Cheers,
- VB

SJS

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 11:58:15 AM »
The rule seems to be if the words are etymologically related, then no, you can't have both.  In this case they are so-related.

But there is no problem with RELATE and RELAX being in the same puzzle.

aquinolourdes46

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 10:21:23 PM »
I wouldn't like the two URBANs if I were solving. Would I throw the puzzle away? No, but  I would have to like everything else a lot to make up for it.  I would definitely try to rework the puzzle without one of them. Just my two cents.
Me, too. Why not change it?