CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Crossword making software  (Read 13662 times)

Best Sailor

Crossword making software
« on: April 03, 2009, 02:48:25 PM »
Hello,
I am new to this forum and am looking for opinions on the many software choices there are for making puzzles.
Thank you,
Helen

snowdome1

Re: Crossword making software
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 04:04:02 PM »
I was about to ask the very same question. I was looking at 'Crossword Compiler'. But before I purchase, are there suggestions as to other software? What should I be concerned about?
Michael

Best Sailor

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 05:33:24 PM »
I have downloaded demos of Crossword Weaver, Crossword Compiler, Crossdown and Crossfire and I am sure there are many more. It is difficult trying to compare when you are a novice. I may buy one and then, after getting more experience, decide another is better...which is why I was hoping someone who has "been there, done that" could lessen the deciding curve a bit.
Helen

Alex Boisvert

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 01:44:11 AM »
As I said in the Mac post, I love CrossFire.  For the money, it's the best you can get, and I think it's just as good (if not better) for what I want to do with it.

Isabel7

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 11:53:55 AM »
I agree having a Mac does limit your choices. I have tried a few and I prefer Crossfire. Also Crossword Forge is pretty good.

Dewey Almaras

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 09:46:22 PM »
Let me ask a stupid question, what is crossfire?  :-[ :-[