CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: How To use Crossword Books To Solve the Puzzles Within  (Read 13810 times)

Glenn9999

• Common Solver, New Constructor
How To use Crossword Books To Solve the Puzzles Within
« on: July 21, 2022, 03:30:16 PM »
Since I'm not really sure where else to ask this:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I've found so many problems in doing that without having to literally tear up the book by carefully dis-binding it and removing the individual sheets.  Namely besides that, if I try to just use the book, I'm fighting the binding from it going closed, the size of it itself is awkward to handle, especially if I'm doing it as a diversionary activity out somewhere in public.  Then somehow there's always ink transfer (like carbon copy) to the pages below when I'm writing along with the indentation on the paper providing a nice memory of past crossword solved and confusing the matter

So, am I missing something obvious?  How do people typically handle solving crossword puzzles out of books so it's both convenient and not annoying to do?

tonyadams

Re: How To use Crossword Books To Solve the Puzzles Within
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 08:23:07 PM »
To minimize transfer, you can try writing lightly with a pencil or a fine-tipped pen. If you're new to solving from books, pokedoku start with easier puzzles to build confidence and avoid frustration.