CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Ginsberg clue database unavailable  (Read 13338 times)

Punned-it

Ginsberg clue database unavailable
« on: September 27, 2021, 02:16:56 PM »
Can anyone advise on how to download Matt Ginsberg's clue database. I've tried http://tiwwdty.com/clue and several other links obtained as Google hits. Attempts to download have consistently retrieved this message, black print on white blank page: "You don't have permission to access this resource. Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an Error Document to handle the request." I don't have a clue what to make of this. Thank you for insights!

mmcbs

Re: Ginsberg clue database unavailable
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 02:37:15 PM »
I don't recall the details, but recently Matt announced he was going to hand off this project to someone else as he had commitments that didn't allow him to continue. Perhaps someone on this forum will know the details.
Mark McClain
Salem, Virginia, USA
https://crosswordsbymark.wordpress.com/

Punned-it

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 07:06:14 PM »
I guess it's a moot point. I tried to get an Angel membership at Xwordinfo.com so I could download the wordlist and could not get that to work either. I have a collection of theme ideas but have learned that I can't make a good-enough grid fill using online dictionaries and OneLook alone. A guy(I don't know him in-person) has persistently sabotaged my computer use usually for no comprehensible personal gain on his part. So maybe that's happening here. There's an alternative payment strategy available at Xwordinfo that requires joining PayPal but it requires documenting a mobile phone, which I gave up having an account on. The phone was persistently hacked into, the calls were monitored, and the phone was also used as a tracking device. Since I don't understand why this person sabotages so much of what I do, I keep thinking he'll stop. But he hasn't.

tonyadams

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2023, 10:45:50 PM »
I guess it's a moot point. I tried to get an Angel membership at Xwordinfo.com so I could download the wordlist and could not get that to work either. I have a collection of theme ideas but have learned that I can't make a good-enough grid fill using online dictionaries and OneLook alone. A guy(I don't know him in-person) has persistently sabotaged my computer use usually for no comprehensible personal gain on his part. So maybe that's happening here. There's an alternative payment strategy available at Xwordinfo that requires joining PayPal but it requires documenting a mobile phone, which I gave up having an account on. The phone was persistently hacked into, the calls were monitored, and the phone was also used as a tracking device. Since I don't understand why this person sabotages so much of what I do, I keep thinking he'll stop. But he hasn't. build now gg
So have you successfully downloaded Matt Ginsberg's clue database in this way? If not you can visit websites like Crossword Tracker, OneAcross, or online crossword puzzle communities that may provide alternative clue databases or helpful resources for your puzzle creation needs.