Forum > General Support

Universal and WSJ puzzles

(1/2) > >>

lharma:
I was able to get these puzzles by clicking on "open in new tab", but that quit working today!!!  HELP!

trauer1282:
Both of those links work fine for me. Is it possible the files hadn't been posted at the time you tried (8:34 AM)?

profrt:
WSJ wasn't working for me either. For reference, I'm using Chrome on a Mac. I've found that by right-clicking on the WSJ puzzle and selecting "Open in a New Window" and THEN RELOADING the blank page you'll get, the "Save File" window will open, allowing you to download the file. Crazy but it works!

The same works for Universal, BTW.

trauer1282:
I'm able to download those puzzles with Safari on my Mac without problems. Just now I tried on Chrome and got nowhere despite toggling settings (allow cookies, no content blocker, allow popups, changing security level, direct click vs. right click then Open in new window, etc.)  FWIW on Windows I had no trouble downloading the puzzles using IE to get to Cruciverb.

Perhaps some of the other denizens here who have more experience with Chrome on Mac can make additional suggestions on settings tweaks to try. In the meantime, using Safari to get your puzzles appears to be a workaround.

Sorry about not having a solution for you!

aquinn:
Using Chrome, I have found the best solution for me is to right click, then Copy Link Address, Paste that in the URL line, Enter and Save. The Cruciverb page will still be there to get the other one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version