CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: filled grid words vs. Words Used  (Read 8138 times)

Geraki

filled grid words vs. Words Used
« on: November 02, 2020, 05:27:55 PM »
Hi, All.
I need some guidance please. Today I encountered a situation with CCW never before experienced. I was building a puzzle with a limited number of grid options, but one finally filled. However, I soon exhausted my purgations, and so the software asked me if I wanted to revert to the last fill, which I did. It was then that I noticed the filled pre-acceptance grid did not match any of the words in the Words Used vertical list. Any experience with this, anyone? I think it's strange I've never seen  this happen before.

Thanks for your help.

mmcbs

Re: filled grid words vs. Words Used
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 08:40:20 AM »
I'm not completely clear on what's going on with your puzzle, but I have had some issues with words in the grid not agreeing with words in the list of words. If you can duplicate this problem, I would suggest you capture screen shots of the error and send it to the "contact" email at Crossword Compiler. Antony has been very responsive to troubleshooting issues in the app and does patches and interim releases fairly frequently.
Mark McClain
Salem, Virginia, USA
https://crosswordsbymark.wordpress.com/

Geraki

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 02:59:44 PM »
Thanks, Mark, for reply. I was beginning to feel like Robinson Crusoe. My observation does not seem to be a common problem, which is good. It is not as easy to duplicate as I thought. I tried twice but only accomplished several deletions of unwanted words, resulting in two satisfactory, ready to submit, puzzles.

If you think the post might, in any way, be confusing, please advise and I will remove it. My initial question has been answered. If it happens again, I will know what to do. I suspect the reason I haven't seen the incident before is because I never elected to revert to last fill. If I couldn't delete the word, I would start over. But this one time, the puzzle was too sound to scrap, so options were to anagram or acronym the word and hope my clever clues and scintillating theme would carry the day.

Re a patch, no, I am still using V9 because it works remarkably well. I wouldn't want Antony to spend any time at all on what appears to be, essentially, a phantom problem, or no problem at all, apparently.

jasperwilde09

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2024, 02:34:46 AM »
It seems there is a mismatch between the filled grid and the used word list. Recheck the grid to make sure there are no errors, and review the word list to make sure it accurately reflects the filled grid. I think sometimes it's because we're inattentive enneagram test, I often feel the same way