Forum > General Discussion

LA Times specs

(1/4) > >>

wmc:
The only place I can find the specs for LA Times submissions is on the Cruiciverb website.  It seems odd to me that I can't find them on the LA Times and/or Tribune Media Services websites.  My question is this:  Are the specs on the Cruciverb website (which are dated October 2011) in fact the only place where they are available, and, if so, are they up-to-date?

Thanks.   

mmcbs:
I'm not aware of an updated spec sheet for LA Times - I think the one on Cruciverb is pretty much right on. One thing that I'm aware of from experience is that if you're doing a theme that requires (or uses) a reveal entry, Rich dislikes a single word reveal and prefers a full length reveal that's part of the symmetrical theme. Also, be advised that the limit of 10% abbreviations really applies to all non-words (abbreviations, acronyms, prefix, suffix, etc. - anything that's not an actual word). Also, the response time can be longer than what's stated.

wmc:
Thanks for the info, Mark.

damefox:
Revising this thread with a related question: has anyone submitted a puzzle to the LA Times lately and received a decision on it? I emailed a puzzle to the address indicated in the Cruciverb specs (xwordrich@aol.com) on Oct. 2, and I have yet to receive a reply. The specs say response time is 3-8 weeks, and at this point we're past 14 weeks since submission, so I'm just wondering if I did something wrong. I sent a follow-up email last week and haven't gotten a response to that either.

mmcbs:
They are running slow. I have one outstanding since late September.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version