Forum > General Discussion

Question re: WSJ sumbission

(1/2) > >>

cranberry44:
WSJ gives 2 options for sending in a puzzle for submission:

1. "Send a text file" I am using Wordpad. Can I use an .rtf file (Rich Text File as saved by Wordpad) or should I send it as a .jpeg? [If if try to save  it as a .txt. (if that's what WSJ means), Wordpad will remove all formatting].

OR

2. "Send AcrossLite .puz file" I am using Crossword Compiler, which WSJ does not accept. I do not want to download AcrossLite. Judging from google images, the AcrossLite format looks somewhat akin to a printed crossword in the newspaper. If so, maybe I can save my one-page Crossword Compiler crossword with grid, filled-in answers, and clues as a .jpeg and send that?

Thanks for your time.

P.S. It doesn't sound as if WSJ wants any crossword grids (filled-in or blank) if one is sending in a text file?

mmcbs:
You can export from Crossword Compiler (FILE/EXPORT) to Across Lite format (.PUZ) - you don't need the Across Lite app to do that.

cranberry44:
I'm confused. What do I need to check off on the Export screen?

mmcbs:
When you hit FILE/EXPORT the dialog box that follows has Across Lite as one of the option. Just select that, and click Export file, then tell it where to put it.

cranberry44:
Oh! Didn't even notice that option! A dumb question: There's no way my puzzle will exported to the Internet, is there? I'm asking
because of the word "Export" and the fact that AcrossLite is a downloadable program from the web.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version