CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Crossword Compiler Word on Blocker  (Read 10056 times)

RichP

Crossword Compiler Word on Blocker
« on: April 26, 2019, 02:12:12 PM »
Does anyone know how to put a word (rebus) on a blocker in Crossword Compiler? I am trying to design something that is word-rebus/blocker-word. Under square properties, it is possible to put a rebus on normal square, but then the following square is unnumbered. It is then possible to change that square under square properties to add a number in the top left, but that does not force the creation of a word associated with that number in the clues.  Thanks!

mmcbs

Re: Crossword Compiler Word on Blocker
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 02:23:19 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by "blocker".  Blocks, blanks, or black squares are all synonymous, but I'm not familiar with the term blocker. Maybe you could make a picture of what you're trying to do?
Mark McClain
Salem, Virginia, USA
https://crosswordsbymark.wordpress.com/

RichP

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 06:11:37 PM »
Thanks, Mark. Sorry, I meant block. 

I've tried a few times to attach/insert a picture, unsuccessfully. I wonder if this will suffice. Imagine the "X" is a block.

THEXFOX

My goal is to have the block say "grey", while retaining the clueable numbers in the upper left hand corner of the T in THE and the F in FOX.

mmcbs

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 07:40:08 PM »
OK, I get the idea, but I'm afraid you're right that Compiler won't handle that. All of the puzzle publishers end up with an online solving process, and I doubt there is a way for this idea to be adapted to those apps. You could create a printable puzzle with this feature (I think), but it would involve changing a lot of square numbers and doing the clue list manually.
Mark McClain
Salem, Virginia, USA
https://crosswordsbymark.wordpress.com/