CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Commissioning a puzzle for wedding (it's our family religion)  (Read 20773 times)

alice

About a decade ago, my family gave up on organized religion and has been going to coffee shops every Sunday morning to a  crossword (or usually several). I'm getting married next summer, and it seems appropriate to commission a puzzle for the occasion.

We'd be looking for a 21x21, with a slightly us-related theme (for example, theme answers related to snow/ice because we're both scientists who do ice-related research or initials-based-alliteration or something along those lines). I can send an annotated word list to help, but we're more interested in clever and/or punny clues than it being extremely personalized. I'd like to have the least possible to do with the puzzle making after that, because I'm looking forward to doing the puzzle!

I have no idea what the going rate for a 21x21 puzzle is, but we probably can't match the NYT's budget.

If you're interested, or know who I should contact about hiring a constructor, please let me know!

mmcbs

Re: Commissioning a puzzle for wedding (it's our family religion)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 02:38:48 PM »
Just checking to make sure you got my message.
Mark McClain
Salem, Virginia, USA
https://crosswordsbymark.wordpress.com/