CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: New York Times crossword puzzle books  (Read 32527 times)

Thomps2525

New York Times crossword puzzle books
« on: March 14, 2017, 11:01:22 PM »
Oh boy! On May 16, 2017, St. Martin's Griffin will publish seven volumes of New York Times crossword puzzles. Each volume contains puzzles from a particular day of the week. It's good that the books are spiral-bound so the pages will lie flat -- but each book includes only 50 puzzles. Why not a hundred? Anyway, I suggest getting all seven volumes from a local bookstore. These stores need our support. But if you absolutely have to get the books from Amazon, here is the link to volume one -- or would it be considered volume two? When exactly does the "puzzle week" begin?

The New York Times Best of the Week Series: Monday Crosswords: 50 Easy Puzzles

https://www.amazon.com/New-York-Times-Best-Week/dp/1250133246/ref=zg_bsnr_4416_8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=502N3G3ZDC03QS40ZM9A

Glenn9999

• Common Solver, New Constructor
Re: New York Times crossword puzzle books
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 03:34:16 AM »
Anyway, I suggest getting all seven volumes from a local bookstore. These stores need our support.

Not trying to be snotty here, but should note that the ones I'm aware of would never carry anything like this.  Ever.  Unless you count "Pennypress" or "Dell" as "anything like this", of course.

Anyhow, thanks for the heads-up (and thankfully they're not novel-bound).

Edit: and a question.  How does this set differ from the set released in February I see on Amazon?  I suppose these are actual quarterly releases?  And how does one tell the difference between one and the other?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 03:45:01 AM by Glenn9999 »

ahimsa

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 09:58:19 AM »
For those who want to support an independent bookstore while shopping online one option is Powell's Books:

http://www.powells.com/SearchResults?kw=any_words:The+New+York+Times+Best+of+the+Week+Series

David12345

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 07:58:12 PM »
Amazing, really helpful.

RJ | El Monte Customs