CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Crossword Compiler Printing  (Read 8080 times)

Jerry E. Rosman

Crossword Compiler Printing
« on: October 03, 2016, 12:58:02 AM »
I have no idea if I am the cause of my problem or not.  Without warning, when printing a NYT, LAT or any other puzzle whether in AcrossLite or a PDF version -- the blocks are only printed by having bold lines on their perimeters with white, not black fills.

The grid numbers are not affected.

All other Crossword Compiler functions appear to work appropriately.

Any ideas what can be done to have the blocks appear as solid black blocks?

TIA, Jerry

mmcbs

Re: Crossword Compiler Printing
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 02:47:25 PM »
Kinda guessing at this, but if you can see the puzzle in Crossword Compiler and the black squares look OK there, but when you print it, they don't, I think the problem may be in your printer settings, perhaps some kind of ink-saver setting or draft printing setting. Do you get the same result when you create a grid in Compiler then print it? There is a setting in Compiler to change the color of the blank squares (can make them white if you want to), but you would see that on the screen before you printed it, and I don't think that would get changed by accident.
Mark McClain
Salem, Virginia, USA
https://crosswordsbymark.wordpress.com/

Jerry E. Rosman

Re: Crossword Compiler Printing
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 03:38:29 PM »
Mark, THANKS!!!  For some reason my Brother printer went from "General Print" to "Manual Print Setting" which evidently fill in spaces.

Thanks again,  Jerry