CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Fri., 12/11 Kristan House  (Read 5691 times)

magus

Fri., 12/11 Kristan House
« on: December 11, 2015, 09:45:03 AM »
THEME:   random expressions with a kind of headwear as the last word

GOOD ONES:     
Not sour   ON KEY [I thought food --- still on a diet]   
Bologna bone   OSSO [as in osso buco; Bologna is the city not the boneless meat]   
Bolt like lightning?   USAIN [he maybe the fastest human being ever]   

BTW:   
Junk, say   SHIP [it's a boat; ships are huge and made of metal]   

Tries to impress, in a way   NAME DROP [name dropping is to impress, yes; but mostly using the name of a famous person one has met is merely being informative --- that I conversed with Vic Damone is not name dropping unless that is all that I say about it.]   

Fighting   ANTI [I'm anti-ISIS but I'm not fighting it; the two are too far apart --- it's like cluing "Man" for ANTI as a person is the only entity that can be anti anything]   

RATING:    ;D ;D
Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun   

Filer

Re: Fri., 12/11 Kristan House
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 01:28:34 PM »
Ships do not have to be made of metal however most are. A ship is a vessel upon which a boat may be loaded might be a better definition.

Thomps2525

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 04:44:20 PM »
The junk is a Chinese sailing vessel developed during the Han Dynasty, 220 BC to 200 AD. and used for both military combat and trade. "Junk" is a semi-phonetic spelling of the Chinese word for ship, which is 船 and is pronounced "chuan" or "joong." Do the sailors eat junk food, I wonder?

magus

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 09:07:31 AM »
Filer---

Thanks for the observation about non-metal ships.  Other than antiques, does one exist today?