CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Wed., 12/9 Kurt Krauss  (Read 5058 times)

magus

Wed., 12/9 Kurt Krauss
« on: December 09, 2015, 09:00:12 AM »
THEME:   company names comprised of the beginning and ends of phrases

GOOD ONES:    
Went different ways {& theme}   PARTED COMPANY [the company name was "parted" as in TRIPLANE]   
Big maker of chips  INTEL [I thought potato chips --- I'm on a diet]   
Homer's path  ARC [since it so often appears in Xwords, I thought the cartoon and not baseball]   
Chorus line?   ALTO [the line in sheet music]   

BTW:   
___ in Novemeber   NAS [thanks, Kurt, for not referencing the rapper]   

Card or D'back   NLER [this is used only in Xwords --- sportswriters rarely refer to the league in which one plays but assumes the reader will know from the team name --- when they do refer to, say, the DH in the AL, they spell out the league name]   

OSA as a bear is not used in English.   

RATING:    ;D ;D
Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun   

Thomps2525

Re: Wed., 12/9 Kurt Krauss
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 05:09:10 PM »
Medical doctors know OSA is an abbreviation for "obstructive sleep apnea, "a breathing difficulty caused by obstruction of the upper airway, but trying to come up with an appropriate crossword clue for that OSA might not be easy. As for NAS, couldn't it be clued with words relating to a Naval Air Station instead of "___ in November" or a reference to rap singer Nas? By the way, here is a list of all my favorite songs by Nas: