CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Mon., 12/15 Schlapfer & Burnikel  (Read 3744 times)

magus

Mon., 12/15 Schlapfer & Burnikel
« on: December 15, 2014, 08:50:00 AM »
THEME:   last word of phrase is a peak of the Cascades

GOOD ONES:    
Pacific Northwest Range {& theme}   THE CASCADES   
Bass in a glass   ALE [I drink Bass, called extra stout, which I get if I drink too much over a time]   

BTW:   
Improve, as text   EMEND [In what may be a distinction without a difference, AMEND = improve text; EMEND = change text.]   

RATING:    ;D
Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun   

Thomps2525

Re: Mon., 12/15 Schlapfer & Burnikel
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 03:15:56 PM »
Today's crossword includes our old familiar friends ACRE, ADO, ALE, ETE and INTO...but it also includes SHIITES, which I had never before seen in a puzzle.

"Road rage" entered our vocabulary in 1988. Eight years later, the term "air rage" was coined. The existence of those terms is a sad commentary on the human race. Anyway, AIRRAGE appeared in today's puzzle, clued with "Temper tantrum during a flight." That is a redundancy. A tantrum is an outburst of temper. The Department of Redundancy Department recommends using simply "tantrum."

magus

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 08:59:50 AM »
Would it be possible for me to join the Department of Redundancy Department, maybe?  I might could represent the Carolina faction where "might could" is common.

Thomps2525

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 09:04:17 PM »
Joining the Department of Redundancy Department requires the payment of an initiation fee. You might have to go to the ATM machine and enter your PIN number and get some cash.

(Now let's see how many people notice what I did there. :) )