CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Fri., 10/10 Jeb Bennett  (Read 3731 times)

magus

Fri., 10/10 Jeb Bennett
« on: October 10, 2014, 08:52:26 AM »
THEME:   quip in four sections         

GOOD ONES:             
I COULDN'T FIGURE WHY THE BALL WAS GETTING BIGGER AND THEN IT HIT ME            
One in a cage   RIB            
Needled?   SEWN            
Catcher behind a plate?   BIB            

RATING:    ;D ;D         
Three grins = Loved it; Two grins = Enjoyed it; One grin = A bit bland for my taste; One teardrop = Not much fun            

Thomps2525

Re: Fri., 10/10 Jeb Bennett
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 12:45:11 PM »
That quip is similar to this one: I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT WHERE THE SUN WENT AT NIGHT AND THEN IT DAWNED ON ME. And yes, I know the sun doesn't really go anywhere. Rather, the earth revolves around the sun. The quip is rooted in the ancient belief that the sun revolves around the earth. We know better now...but we still talk about "sunrise" and "sunset." Nobody has come up with better words to describe the phenomena.

Today's puzzle includes MAYDAY, which is an internationally-recognized distress call. The word is an Americanized spelling of the French m'aider, which means "help me."

A well-crafted 15x15 puzzle has no more than 32 black squares. A good puzzle has no more than 36. Several recent puzzles have had 40. Today's has 42. Yikes! What's next?