CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Need puzzles to publish for a new gardening publication  (Read 5534 times)

rochellegreayer

Need puzzles to publish for a new gardening publication
« on: July 06, 2014, 03:49:13 AM »
A new garden related publication is launching in September of this year and in each issue we would like to include a challenging puzzle.  Here are the guidelines (see below) -- please ask questions and make suggestions as we are new to publishing puzzles - but we look forward to being active in this community! - Best - Rochelle (Editor of PITH + VIGOR)

PITH + VIGOR CROSSWORD

Rochelle Greayer, Editor

PITH + VIGOR’s is a new newspaper and digital magazine whose inaugural issue will be published in September of 2014.   This quarterly publication will feature a crossword with each issue.   The publication is for gardeners and a garden interested audience.
See more about the launch of the publication here:
http://igg.me/at/pithandvigor/x

The 21x21 size puzzle will cater to the garden interested audience of the publication.  We would like for each of these puzzles to provide a challenge (i.e. difficult) to horticultural or botanically educated individuals and all themes should tie in with related topics.  (Gardens, garden history, seasons, plants, agro-news, garden design, famous gardens, famous gardeners, international design and events, tools, lingo, etc.).  As many entries should tie in with the theme as possible.  Botanical Latin is acceptable but don’t overdo it (and make sure it is correct!).

Acceptable formats
All versions of Crossword Compiler for Windows (CCW), Crossdown, and Across Lite text. You can create the latter using any simple text editor. Instructions are available with Across Lite software, which is free at many online sites.  We are new to this (i.e. publishing crossword puzzles) so are open to suggestion and will be learning as we go.

References
If you had to look it up please provide a reference so that we can check it.   

E-mail puzzle files to:  Rochellegreayer@gmail.com

PAYMENT: $50

mmcbs

Re: Need puzzles to publish for a new gardening publication
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 10:03:13 PM »
Rochelle, I'd like to thank you for the opportunity to provide the puzzle for your fall issue, and I'm very pleased that it worked out for you. Perhaps others reading this forum will try also.
Mark McClain
Salem, Virginia, USA
https://crosswordsbymark.wordpress.com/