Forum > General Support

LAT download not working

<< < (3/6) > >>

coralsun:
For the past few days I get "Puzzle Download Failed" in trying to download the LA Times crossword puzzle in my StandAlone Crossword app (iPad and iPhone).  On this site I see the Archives shows: "LA Times offline temporarily"  What's the problem?

Edited to add:  I'm doing what is directed in the message on the Home page here ("Hello puzzlers! If you have been trying to get the LA Times puzzle and have not been able to it is probably because you have been getting it through a third party link. This is not permitted. LA Times has generously offered access to their puzzle in Across Lite format, but exclusively to the cruciverb.com membership. To get the puzzle, you must log into this site first, then click on the "LA Times" link in the right-hand menu").  I'm logged in and clicking on the "LA Times" link on the right but the download still fails.

mmespeer:
Ditto, here.

admin:
Folks, please read the message on the homepage. Third party links will NOT work. Getting the puzzle through an app which tries to circumvent authentication will no longer work.

You must log into the homepage, then click on the "La Times" puzzle on the right hand side.

I will be working on a hand-held device-friendly version of the homepage soon. In the meantime, you must log into cruciverb.com using the browser in your phone or pad, then click on the link.

coralsun:
Thank you, admin.  I went to this website via Safari on my iPad and today's LA Times downloaded successfully.  In my opinion, your message on the homepage would be better understood if you clearly state we must access your site with our browser and not through the app.  Thanks, again.  :)

fluff:
I appreciate this wonderful site, but really miss being able to get the LA times puzzle on my iPad.  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version