Forum > General Support

The Sun Puzzle

<< < (4/5) > >>

admin:

--- Quote from: Papa John on October 14, 2008, 11:45:53 AM ---Kevin, apparently you missed my later addendum:

Later: Yikes! I tried to open the Sun puzzle I download to my hard drive through Across Lite and AVG popped up saying that the file contained a threat, specifically a "backdoor" Trojan. What the hey is going on?

--- End quote ---

Maybe AVG doesn't like it when a download is initiated by a script (rather than just clicking on a straight link). Nothing wrong with the file, so ignore.

- Kevin

Papa John:
I have to bow to your advanced expertise in these matters but you should know that AVG "healed" the file and then Across Lite was able to attempt to open the file, albeit it didn't because the file was (still) not a recognized format.

Thanks for your attention and your hard work in trying to get all this straightened out. I have full confidence that it will all come together, in time. Meanwhile, I'll get the Sun via email, as per your instructions.

BTW, do one of those cryptic (to me) symbols above this text box activate a spell checker? Is oen availablle onthis site?

zullym:
Had to use the e-mail function again tonight (or this morning) because saving it to disk does not allow it to open so far.

And for Karenusr, this week's puzzles are all available and thank you to whoever or whatever program takes care of doing that.

KenMarks:
Downloaded AcrossLite to desktop but can't download puzzles to hard drive. Can't open e-mails.

Nancy Salomon:
Is there someplace on this site that shows our membership status re the Sun puzzles?  I subscribed and can download the Sun puzzles.  Does that tell me everything I'm supposed to need to know?

Nancy Salomon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version