Forum > General Support

The Sun Puzzle

(1/5) > >>

admin:
First, please bear with us. It might take a bit to iron out all the wrinkles. Let me cover some of the things that I'm sure will come up:

1)  You need to be logged in and you need to be a subscriber to get the Sun Puzzle.

2) If you made a Paypal payment to be an official subscriber but you are not being recognized as a subscriber, please send an email to kmccann AT cruciverb.com for now.  Peter Gordon will soon be the point person and I will provide his contact info shortly.

3)  If you are clicking on a link to get a particular Sun puzzle you may run into problems if you are trying to get it to open directly in Across Lite. For me it seems to work fine in Internet Explorer but I get errors in Firefox. I'll try to solve the issue. In the meantime, please just save the puzzle to yout hard drive and then open manually in Across Lite.

4)  If you have issues with the memberships (eg you made a recent donation and think you deserve a subscription), you need to take that up with the editor, Peter Gordon. I will provide his contact info shortly.

I'm sure other issues will come up.

joon pahk:
is it possible to disable the big "subscribe to the sun puzzles" banner for members who are already subscribers?

admin:

--- Quote from: joon pahk on October 14, 2008, 12:38:15 AM ---is it possible to disable the big "subscribe to the sun puzzles" banner for members who are already subscribers?

--- End quote ---

Yes, it's possible. Other things ot worry about at the moment though.
- km

karenusr:
I have just subscribed to the Sun puzzles - will there be a whole week at a time uploaded (as before on wij's site?) or will there only be the current daily puzzle available?

Thx

admin:

--- Quote from: karenusr on October 14, 2008, 12:46:17 AM ---I have just subscribed to the Sun puzzles - will there be a whole week at a time uploaded (as before on wij's site?) or will there only be the current daily puzzle available?

Thx

--- End quote ---

Hi,

Well, wij's site pointed to puzzles that were placed on another site, and I take it puzzles were loaded up on that other site in weekly bunches. That will not be the case with the subscription-based Sun Crossword. Similar to the New York Times, the Sun Crossword will become available at 10:00PM Eastern time (I still have to set up the scheduling job for this). If you go to the Sun Archive link you'll always know which puzzles are available.

Best,
Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version