Forum > General Discussion

Unusable Entries in the Cruciverb Word List

<< < (2/2)

mmcbs:
Hmm.  I just look at several that had the red ! in the database and none of them are in the ALL word list  (BRINGDOWNTHEH, for one) . If you have many example of words in the ALL database that are red !'s in the database, perhaps you should report them to the administrator for his review. kmccann@cruciverb.com

rgh:
The version of “all.txt” I included in my word list was from a few years ago. Maybe this has been cleaned up in the recent version. Unfortunately, I deleted the version I used (from 2013 I think), so I can’t find out what the changes are.

If I run across this problem with the 2019 version, I’ll follow your advice.

Rgh.

rgh:
All,

FYI, I was able to restore a version of "all.txt" which was labelled '2013' from an old backup. I used Python to find words that were in the old version, but not in the new 2019 version. I got about 100 junk words (mostly wordplay). I thought there would be more. Anyway, after examining the list,  I can do a quick multiple delete from my word list (although it looks like I deleted some of them already).

It seems the newer versions of "all.txt" have removed junk from the previous versions. From now on, as new versions come out, I will compare to the previous version to see if more junk has been removed.

rgh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version