CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: NYT form letter rejection  (Read 12076 times)

zinaphile

NYT form letter rejection
« on: May 30, 2022, 11:23:35 PM »
The one upside to the many rejections I've received is they always include feedback on my puzzle. Specifically they state exactly what about the puzzle they didn't like and why they didn't like it. Obviously very helpful for the next time around. Recently, though, the NYT sent me a rejection that sounded like a form letter and had no specific feedback. In so many words it just said "Nice puzzle but no thanks". Perhaps they've become so inundated with submissions they don't have time to individualize their rejections?

Has anyone else run into this? Is this common?

cranberry44

Re: NYT form letter rejection
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 09:14:44 AM »
How long did it take for NYT to get back to you with the rejection?

zinaphile

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 12:53:38 PM »
3 months.

Very curious to hear from others whether they've received rejections lacking any feedback.

andrewmc

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2022, 11:12:05 AM »
The one upside to the many rejections I've received is they always include feedback on my puzzle. Specifically they state exactly what about the puzzle they didn't like and why they didn't like it. NYT Crossword Answers Obviously very helpful for the next time around. Recently, though, the NYT sent me a rejection that sounded like a form letter and had no specific feedback. In so many words it just said "Nice puzzle but no thanks". Perhaps they've become so inundated with submissions they don't have time to individualize their rejections?

Yeah the same happened to me. I submitted a crossword puzzle (Tuesday) and I got a rejection email 2 months later lol :)

tonyadams

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2023, 03:09:23 AM »
The one upside to the many rejections I've received is they always include feedback on my puzzle. Specifically they state exactly what about the puzzle they didn't like and why they didn't like it. Obviously very helpful for the next time around. Recently, though, the fnf NYT sent me a rejection that sounded like a form letter and had no specific feedback. In so many words it just said "Nice puzzle but no thanks". Perhaps they've become so inundated with submissions they don't have time to individualize their rejections?

Yes, it is not uncommon for publishers or organizations to use form rejection letters when they receive a large volume of submissions. I sometimes ran into this issue.

williamliz

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2023, 04:49:19 AM »
3 months. five nights at freddy's 4

Very curious to hear from others whether they've received rejections lacking any feedback.

3 months is quite a long time. Is there any way to make it faster?

paulhenge

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2023, 09:05:38 PM »
3 months bad ice cream

After receiving feedback, what questions do you have for them, and then what are their reasons?