Forum > General Support

LA Times (and lots of other) dead links

<< < (3/4) > >>

Phoenix Person:

--- Quote from: steve413 on January 28, 2019, 12:09:47 PM ---
As far as the LA Times crossword database is concerned I don't think there is any staff member dutifully transcribing the crossword into .PUZ format

--- End quote ---

There was someone doing this daily up until recently. I used to work the LA Times puzzles every day on my phone, but can’t now because there is no .PUZ format available

Glenn9999:

--- Quote from: steve413 on January 28, 2019, 12:09:47 PM ---I don't think there is any staff member dutifully transcribing the crossword into .PUZ format.

--- End quote ---

It's automated (about the only way it could be).  Like I mentioned, most online puzzles have XML data associated with the "player".  One could download this and translate it into PUZ via program.  The thing I think is that there's some human interaction somewhere in triggering this process somewhere that needs to happen periodically.

BJMcBean:
You're right. The contribution is voluntary because I appreciate having the LA Times puzzle in Across Lite. I do it on my Mac and like the AcrossLite format. Simply stated, I can get the NY Times AcrossLite version from their site and a printable version of the LA Times on their site. I'm simply stating that the LA Times in AcrossLite is my only reason to contribute.

BGoldstein:
Dead, dead, moribund, pushing up the daisies.

DEAD, DEAD, DEAD

And not just the LA Times. So many useless links ...

BGoldstein:
Even Jonesin is dead here, though one can find it at http://herbach.dnsalias.com/Jonesin/jz190131.puz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version