Forum > General Support

LA Times PUZ, March 2021

<< < (6/6)

AllergyDoc:

--- Quote from: Tshaner on March 30, 2021, 09:09:55 PM ---Does anyone know an easy ways to do all of this through the iPad? I’ve done it before on my laptop but won’t have it when I travel.  Surely I should be able to easily copy the text, save and then open it on my iPad.

--- End quote ---
I've spent some time trying to figure this out and can't find a way. When you go to Share a text file, Across Lite does not show up as an app to share with. Let me know if you figure it out.

Glenn9999:

--- Quote from: trauer1282 on March 31, 2021, 11:29:04 AM ---More directly, it would be nice if we could post the LAT puzzles as .puz files, but earlier posts have pointed out the lack of support for this option too.

--- End quote ---

I don't have an iPad or know anything about it, or I'd try to help.  Anyway, I thought I'd comment on this a bit more.  Anyway, posting the PUZ files instead of the TXT script is very easy from a technical standpoint.  After all, the process here has failed enough times that it's been automated on my end and actually I could post them much earlier here than I do, much closer to the time they usually appear here when the process works. 

The issue was more finding the stable server space to host the files (I could drop box them easily, but the biggest problem is hosting a front-end HTML) along with the legal permission to distribute them.   The questions on the legal end are the biggest impediment, tbh.  Reposting them on a site that has legal permission when the process here fails is one thing (these forum posts), reposting them on your own server is a totally different thing.  I thought about trying to email Rich Norris and see about that, but since I don't have my own web server, it's a moot point anyway.  Edit: I e-mailed him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version