Forum > General Support

Issues downloading puzzles

<< < (3/4) > >>

fritzy:
If you want the step-by-step instructions for downloading and installing the Across Lite program, here is the link:
http://www.nytimes.com/content/help/games/acrosslite/acrosslite.html

Spitzmaus:
I've had Across Lite installed for years, so that's not the problem. My issue continues to be with CrossSynergy. This is what I get when I click its link here on Cruciverb: A blank page with :áACROSS&DOWN�ÚK´›`»G1.2c��������5‘|>‘|L��� at the top. I'm running Firefox. Any ideas???

Spitz

jkovats:
Firefox usually does what Internet Explorer can't.  I can't speak for Chrome or safari.

tbone:

--- Quote from: Spitzmaus on April 11, 2011, 11:39:50 AM ---I've had Across Lite installed for years, so that's not the problem. My issue continues to be with CrossSynergy. This is what I get when I click its link here on Cruciverb: A blank page with :áACROSS&DOWN�ÚK´›`»G1.2c��������5‘|>‘|L��� at the top. I'm running Firefox. Any ideas???

Spitz

--- End quote ---

The same thing was happening to me.  In order to successfully download the CrossSynergy puzzle using Firefox I right click the link, select Save Link As, then in the dialog box Save As field change it from Text File to All Files. That should do it.

Spitzmaus:

[/quote]

The same thing was happening to me.  In order to successfully download the CrossSynergy puzzle using Firefox I right click the link, select Save Link As, then in the dialog box Save As field change it from Text File to All Files. That should do it.
[/quote]

Woot! That did the trick; I Saved As a .puz file and now I'm in business. Thank you!!!

Spitz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version