Forum > General Discussion

NYT form letter rejection

(1/2) > >>

zinaphile:
The one upside to the many rejections I've received is they always include feedback on my puzzle. Specifically they state exactly what about the puzzle they didn't like and why they didn't like it. Obviously very helpful for the next time around. Recently, though, the NYT sent me a rejection that sounded like a form letter and had no specific feedback. In so many words it just said "Nice puzzle but no thanks". Perhaps they've become so inundated with submissions they don't have time to individualize their rejections?

Has anyone else run into this? Is this common?

cranberry44:
How long did it take for NYT to get back to you with the rejection?

zinaphile:
3 months.

Very curious to hear from others whether they've received rejections lacking any feedback.

andrewmc:

--- Quote from: zinaphile on May 30, 2022, 11:23:35 PM ---The one upside to the many rejections I've received is they always include feedback on my puzzle. Specifically they state exactly what about the puzzle they didn't like and why they didn't like it. NYT Crossword Answers Obviously very helpful for the next time around. Recently, though, the NYT sent me a rejection that sounded like a form letter and had no specific feedback. In so many words it just said "Nice puzzle but no thanks". Perhaps they've become so inundated with submissions they don't have time to individualize their rejections?

--- End quote ---

Yeah the same happened to me. I submitted a crossword puzzle (Tuesday) and I got a rejection email 2 months later lol :)

tonyadams:

--- Quote from: zinaphile on May 30, 2022, 11:23:35 PM ---The one upside to the many rejections I've received is they always include feedback on my puzzle. Specifically they state exactly what about the puzzle they didn't like and why they didn't like it. Obviously very helpful for the next time around. Recently, though, the fnf NYT sent me a rejection that sounded like a form letter and had no specific feedback. In so many words it just said "Nice puzzle but no thanks". Perhaps they've become so inundated with submissions they don't have time to individualize their rejections?

--- End quote ---
Yes, it is not uncommon for publishers or organizations to use form rejection letters when they receive a large volume of submissions. I sometimes ran into this issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version