CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Downloading Across Lite to Mac OS X 10.6.3 problem  (Read 12535 times)

attyw

Downloading Across Lite to Mac OS X 10.6.3 problem
« on: April 18, 2010, 11:57:00 AM »
I am a new Mac user - days only. First thing I needed was my Across Lite, but I can't seem to get it to download correctly. If anyone has some guidance for me I would appreciate it.

Thanks

sandybeachvv

Re: Downloading Across Lite to Mac OS X 10.6.3 problem
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 06:01:47 PM »
I have had my Mac for awhile longer, but am not that proficient either.  I was able to download Across Lite fine, but when I tried to open it, I got a message about something called "stuffit," I think, and I don't have a clue what it is or where to go from here.  So I hope someone can help us both.

fungi1995

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 10:12:32 PM »
Hey guys,

The AcrossLite download is a zipped file, which means it's compressed to make downloads, etc. faster (I think). You can unzip files on a Mac with StuffIt Expander (http://www.stuffit.com/mac-expander.html) and then install the program.

I hoped this helped both of you!

Ben Pall

gvenk

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 04:21:12 PM »
Across Lite 2.0, which has been available for a while to NYT subscribers is now available from the Litsoft download page.

For MacOS X, it is a DMG image which mounts automatically and shows the Across Lite folder that one can copy to their desktop. No stuffIt or any other program necessary.

This version still runs under Mac OS 9 environment on Mac OS X and not natively.

Alex Boisvert

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 08:29:39 PM »
You need to use this link to get Across Lite for Mac.

http://www.nytimes.com/downloads/acl2mac.dmg

I have no idea why it's not offered on Litsoft's site.