CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: crossfire  (Read 7778 times)

jrob

crossfire
« on: May 28, 2012, 08:52:21 PM »
I use Crossfire and am struggling to enter a rebus theme . I see the rebus option but can't seem to enter it in the puzzle. Any suggestions?

ahimsa

Re: crossfire
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 05:14:05 PM »
I have not done any puzzles with a rebus but I just tested out this feature on my copy of Crossfire and it worked okay for me. I'll list what I did in my simple test. Here's hoping it will help you figure out your problem!

I started with a blank grid and then I clicked on the Rebus tab. There's an "Add" button at the lower left of this tab. Click on this button and it will ask you to define a new rebus. I defined an easy rebus of 4 letters, STAR, with the user symbol S. This rebus was added to the list (you can define several of them) with a green "+" sign to enter it into the puzzle and a red "x" to delete it from the list.

Next, I selected an empty square in the grid and used the "+" button to add it to the puzzle. Finally, I checked the fill feature. Sure enough, it found words containing STAR even though all 4 letters were in only one square.

In case my description didn't help, here's the link to their web page for this feature - http://beekeeperlabs.com/crossfire/docs/index.html#REBUS

Good luck!

Marjorie