Forum > State Puzzle Project

Fading fast

(1/2) > >>

sonofagun:
The States Puzzle Project broke out of the gate like a thoroughbred and now it's gasping for air in the first turn like a mudder on it's last legs.

Is this project dyin' on the vine, or is there a ray of sunshine I'm not feeling? It's obvious that any discussion about this project has come to a dead halt. Why?

I've the feeling our genuine enthusiasm for the project has run smack dab into a huge problem that has been there since day one. We're leaderless, whether by committee or individual. Until that's solved there is no second step.

Any ideas?    Jerome

Garison Piatt:

--- Quote from: sonofagun on January 16, 2009, 11:32:28 PM ---It's obvious that any discussion about this project has come to a dead halt. Why?
--- End quote ---

Because it moved to this forum.  The surest way to kill any public mailing-list discussion is to assign it to a private forum.

-garison

admin:

--- Quote from: Garison Piatt on January 17, 2009, 03:59:10 PM ---Because it moved to this forum.  The surest way to kill any public mailing-list discussion is to assign it to a private forum.
-garison

--- End quote ---

C-L is more "private" than this forum. And there are many very successful web forums. I participate in several, regularly. Thousands of posts. Great interaction.

I think that the project does need a champion. There isn't one, and that's the crux of it. We don't need "fading fast" messages, we need "Ok, let's get it together" messages.

I can set up a states @ cruciverb.com mailing list.

One thing I can't do is allow 60-70 messages per day about a particular subject on C-L and witness many long-time subscribers leave because they can't take it.

- Kevin

sonofagun:
"We don't need 'fading fast' messages"

I thought the purpose of the forum was to generate ideas, thoughts and opinions about the States Puzzle project. I wrote the 'fading fast' post in the hopes it would spur some responses about how to move forward. As one of many who supported this project from the get go I was concerned that interest in it was, in fact, fading fast. Awkward and negative as my words may have seemed, they were written in a sincere desire to keep discussion about the project alive.

Sorry, Kevin, but I think as site administrator it is dangerous territory for you to publicly castigate one for posting an honest opinion.

Jerome

admin:
I wasn't castigating. I was expressing my opinion that the best way to keep things moving is to think positively. I obviously came across negatively. I apologize.

In any case, do you think this is a technology issue or a people issue? I'm willing to provide whatever tools that are necessary to support the State Puzzles or any other crossword-related project. What I cannot do, because I don't have the time, is provide amy leadership on the project. Someone else will have to do that.

Maybe Roy would be willing if I moved this to a mailing list.

- Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version