CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: New site issues  (Read 34703 times)

admin

• Administrator
New site issues
« on: October 13, 2008, 02:09:43 PM »
The entire site has been ported over from another content management system. There are several things that may be an issue:

• you won't still be logged in as you may have before the move
  • you will have to re-enter your password upon first login in the new system
  • if you have bookmarked certain pages on the site, they will likely no longer work (find them again an re-bookmark)

If  you can't remember your password, please click on thr Login tab at the top and click on the "Forgot Your Password?" link. Or go straight to it here:

http://home.cruciverb.com/cru2/index.php?action=reminder

There are other issues, and I will cover them in individual topics.

bonnieg

Re: New site issues
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 11:25:59 PM »
I am not able to view the LA Times puzzle and the archive shows the last puzzle as Saturday.  Will that be back shortly?

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 12:35:12 AM »
I am not able to view the LA Times puzzle and the archive shows the last puzzle as Saturday.  Will that be back shortly?

Hi Bonnie,

I moved files from teh queue into the live area and it seems to be OK, but I'm not sure what may have happened. I'll keep an eye on it. Send a reminder here if it happens again.

Thanks,
Kevin

bonnieg

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 12:38:16 AM »
Boy, that was blazing fast!  It seems to be fine now.  Thanks. 

dick8299

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 01:18:04 PM »
Where is the link to the L A Times puzzles?

The connection from Will Johnston Puzzle Pointers is not working.

Myles

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 02:22:57 PM »
Hey Kevin, I just want to report that I had no problem at all getting the Sun puzzle and I like Cruciverb's new look. Thanks for all your hard work. Can't believe this place has 7600+ members!

Nancy Salomon

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 09:52:47 PM »
Not a biggie, but how come we're all labeled newbies?!

Nancy Salomon

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 12:59:00 PM »
Not a biggie, but how come we're all labeled newbies?!

Nancy Salomon

HI Nancy,

That's just the silly forums system. They assign terms for people based on how many times they have posted. I'm going to see if I can remove it since it's not at all relevant.

- Kevin

tracylab

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 07:04:01 PM »
I love the new look of the site, but what happened to the I Swear puzzle archive? The puzzle wasn't available on Friday, and when I logged in on Saturday to grab it from the archives, the archive link was missing.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 08:04:34 PM »
I love the new look of the site, but what happened to the I Swear puzzle archive? The puzzle wasn't available on Friday, and when I logged in on Saturday to grab it from the archives, the archive link was missing.

Hello,

The I SWEAR puzzle is no longer being made available. The constructor, Vic Fleming, no longer has the time to commit to this puzzle.

- Kevin

davemackey

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 05:02:58 PM »
Where is the Puzzle Tracker? I got one rejection today and one puzzle in print and no place to track them.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 06:20:29 PM »
Where is the Puzzle Tracker? I got one rejection today and one puzzle in print and no place to track them.

Hi Dave,

Puzzle tracker will return. I just need to find about 2 spare hours to get everything migrated (old user ids to new user ids, essentially). Maybe this weekend. Sorry for the inconvenience.

- Kevin