CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: LAT links?  (Read 16225 times)

Ephraim Vishniac

LAT links?
« on: March 23, 2010, 07:00:48 PM »
Hi Kevin,

Just after you switched ISPs, external links to the LA Times puzzle were working.  Now they're back to 403 (permission denied).  Did you do that on purpose?

thebitterend

Re: LAT links?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 10:12:39 PM »
I looked at the LA Times "Archive" under the "Today's Puzzles" link on the main page and it appears that the puzzle hasn't been posted yet. You will probably be able to get it in a day or two in the Archive section. I don't think anyone is trying to thwart our puzzle enjoyment. 

Alex Boisvert

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 07:44:48 PM »
Hi Kevin,

Just after you switched ISPs, external links to the LA Times puzzle were working.  Now they're back to 403 (permission denied).  Did you do that on purpose?

I asked Kevin about this a while back and this is what he said (edited somewhat):

The agreement I have with the LAT - one they insisted upon - is that the puzzles only be available through cruciverb.com ... apparently the puzzle was available from other sites that pointed to mine. I had to tighten things up just to be allowed to keep hosting the Across Lite version.  All's good for now, but I do not want to jeopardize the LAT puzzle in Across Lite by opening things up. Otherwise we may all end up being stuck with the Java version.

Ephraim Vishniac

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 09:23:46 PM »

I asked Kevin about this a while back and this is what he said (edited somewhat):

The agreement I have with the LAT - one they insisted upon - is that the puzzles only be available through cruciverb.com ... apparently the puzzle was available from other sites that pointed to mine. I had to tighten things up just to be allowed to keep hosting the Across Lite version.  All's good for now, but I do not want to jeopardize the LAT puzzle in Across Lite by opening things up. Otherwise we may all end up being stuck with the Java version.

Thanks, Alex and Kevin.  That explains it and I'll stop trying to link from off-site.

hakeber

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 02:54:28 PM »
Not trying to link from off-site, but I haven't been able to download (from cruciverb.com) to my iPhone since the switch either.  Are the two issues connected?

-Rebekah

rbe

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 08:04:43 PM »
I can't get to LAT either.

Filer

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 11:09:51 PM »
No LAT to download and none in the archive for Monday 5 April.

Filer