CRUCIVERB.COM

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Navigate

Resources

Donations

You can help support this site by making a small donation using either a PayPal account:

or with a major credit card such as:

Click here for details.

Author Topic: Adas - Help!  (Read 19636 times)

brehm

Adas - Help!
« on: November 25, 2008, 12:52:04 PM »
Hello -

I am new to Cruciverb.  As a hobby, I construct crosswords for my wife and give them to her for special holidays, etc.  My puzzles are far from publishable but they do follow the basic rules (no two letters, 15% black squares, etc.) 

I'm stuck in one area of my fill and how to clue it.  I have the four letters of "ADAS". 

Is it permissable to say "City in Michigan and Oklahoma"?  For some reason it doesn't sound correct.  If you have any other suggestion on how to clue "ADAS" I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

Todd G

Re: Adas - Help!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 03:13:56 PM »
Welcome to the Forum!

I looked in XWordInfo, and ADAS has been used 12 times in the New York Times [NYT] puzzle.  Most mention people named Ada, but there's one along the lines of what you're trying to say:

County seats in Minnesota and Oklahoma

Hope that helps.

---Todd

brehm

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 03:16:03 PM »
That helps a lot!  Thank you very much.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 01:04:50 PM »
The cruciverb database has these:

Word      Clue     Pub.     Constructor     Day     Date
ADAS       "Law & Order" figures: Abbr.    lat    Donna S. Levin    Tue    Dec 18, 2007
ADAS       Some prosecutors, briefly    lat    Jack McInturff    Thu    Apr 12, 2007
ADAS       Computer pioneer Lovelace and others    nyt    Ashish Vengsarkar    Sun    Jan 07, 2007
ADAS       "Il libro di Mara" poet Negri and namesakes    nys    Lee Glickstein and David Liben-Nowell    Wed    Jun 08, 2005
ADAS       Architecture critic Huxtable and others    nyt    Jeremy Thomas Paine    Thu    Mar 11, 2004
ADAS       Huxtable and Lovelace    nys    Bob Peoples    Fri    Mar 05, 2004
ADAS       Nabokov heroine and others    nyt    Randolph Ross    Sun    Sep 21, 2003
ADAS       Some prosecutors: Abbr.    sn    S.N.    Sat    Aug 31, 2002
ADAS       Mathematician Lovelace et al.    lat    William I Johnston    Thu    Aug 22, 2002
ADAS       Subordinate prosecutors: Abbr.    sn    A.J. Santora    Sun    Jun 09, 2002
ADAS       County seats in Minnesota and Oklahoma    nyt    Michael S. Maurer    Sun    Jul 08, 2001
ADAS       Roles in "The Piano" and "Tobacco Road"    nyt    Cathy Millhauser    Sun    Mar 04, 2001
ADAS       Actress Rehan and others    nyt    Alan Olschwang    Wed    Jun 23, 1999   
ADAS       Some prosecutors: Abbr.    sn    A.J. Santora    Thu    Feb 18, 1999
ADAS       "Bleak House" girl and others    nyt    Frances Hansen    Thu    Sep 24, 1998
ADAS       Nabokov heroine and others    nyt    Shannon Burns    Mon    Jun 22, 1998
ADAS       Prosecutorial aides: Abbr.    sn    Patrick Jordan    Wed    Mar 18, 1998
ADAS       Entry-level prosecutors: Abbr.    sn    Mel Rosen    Sun    Mar 01, 1998